Deciding on the Right Concierge
In today’s multi-tasking world everybody’s pressed for time. Something like taking care of your house can take up a lot of your time, therefore concierge services are in real demand.
How does one find the right concierge is a million-dollar question. Trust is essential between a concierge and client. Some concierges are paid by the hour. Clients need assurance they are not being overcharged.
References are important in choosing a concierge-providing firm. Employers should ask for at least two references. The concierge, after all, has responsibilities pertaining to the upkeep and safety of the house. Here are tips on how to choose the right concierge—
Functions of a Concierge
• A client should insist on meeting the prospective concierge or the company beforehand. This is to see if a rapport between the two of you can be established.
• Sort out the payment rates well in advance. Some work according to an hourly rate. The salaries of others may vary in keeping with the demands of each project.
• A concierge has many tasks. One has to ascertain whether they want to operate lifts, doors and CCTV security monitors and at the same time take care of security duties
• A background check on the person you’ll hire is imperative. A well-known or reputed concierge will have professional liability insurance and public liability insurance. Also, request them to provide their Police Check.
• Another very important step is enquiring if a concierge is a member of the Institute of Concierge and Lifestyle Managers(iCalm). This institute follows up on police checks of the concierge every year. Also, clients can take complaints about any concierge-providing service to this organisation.
One reason for employing a concierge such as SJK Security is protection so that you can sleep safely knowing there’s someone guarding your house. Safe and secure as they say!
- Fully Licensed and Accredited company
- Committed to exceeding our customers' expectation
- Over 15 years of experience in Security Services
- Our team is briefed, trained and supervised in the operation of the site.